CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 13, 2008

Battle of Light

A Metalic ring echos in my ears.
It's all that's left of a fight once begun.
All the darkness turned to fear
As I faced the sword I swore to serve.

The sword now lies across my throat
And the man convicts me of all my wrongs.
Now I see the hate in this man
As I face my death with courage in my heart.

I have courage for I know this isn't the end.
It's only the start of a new beginning.
Through all my wrongs there was One who loved me.
And He shed His blood so I could live.

No longer must I hide in darkness.
No longer must I hide in fear.
For my Savior took away my chains,
My Savior set me free.

Through all the darkness I saw a light.
A light of which shined hope.
It shines on my sword, now inches away
And tells me to pick it up.

As I reach toward my sword the man backs away.
I can see the fear in his eyes.
I now hold my sword in my grasp.
And a newfound strength surges through my body.

Now I fight with the strength of a King.
A King who died for me.
I quickly dispatch the man of his sword.
And the battle of light is won.

Now I know not to hide in darkness.
Now I know not to hide in shame.
For I have won the battle of light
And I bear the mark of the One true King.

0 comments: