How did this happen?
I fell so fast.
Now I'm locked in these chains.
These chains of fear.
These chains of pride.
These chains of anger.
These chains of hatred.
These chains of sin.
The key to my freedom is lost.
I'm locked in this prison forever.
Forever in slavery.
Forever in darkness.
I hear the call of freedom in the distance,
But I'm so frozen with fear, I can't answer.
Voices around me whisper lies in my head.
Saying I'm useless.
Repeating my failure.
Filling me with fear.
Maybe these things they say are true.
Maybe they aren't lies.
Maybe I am useless.
Maybe I'll be a slave to this darkness forever.
My starts to thump faster.
I cry out for help
Hoping someone, somewhere will hear.
But the silence only laughs back at me.
Now, I know the feeling of complete hopelessness.
But wait!
I see a faint light in the distance starting to grow.
A Man with a crown of thorns takes my hand and says,
"I have heard your pleas, my child. Let me take your heavy burden."
The Man breaks my chains and puts them unpon Himself, carrying the weight of my sin.
"You may go free with a stainless heart. Now go, tell everyone of this hope you have found in me."
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Chains of Darkness
Posted by Mariah at 12:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment